Thursday, January 25, 2007

Day 2 - Arriving In Delhi




23rd January 2007
After an uncomfortable, but entertaining flight I arrived in Delhi just before noon.

The flight was good, Virgin Atlantic, always more of an experience than the usual boring long haul flight. I actually look forward to flying Virgin Atlantic, mainly for the entertainment system that is in the back of each chair, the food is also really good.

This flight I enjoyed, apart from the discomfort which was my own fault for not having the brains to spot that I could pull a wing from the headrest to rest my head against to sleep.

I had a really nice person sit next to me, which made the trip good. Her name was Nav (short for Navdeep) and she was flying to Delhi with her sister and brother in law, to be fitted for a special Indian Wedding Dress and gold. She introduced me to Bollywood Movies and made me watch quite a funny film called Chup Chup ro something, about some guy who owed loads of money and pretended to be deaf and dumb and ran away to escape his debtors. Not sure what happened in the end as I fell asleep, no reflection on the film or the company, it was just a night flight and my body clock switches off some time after midnight, whether I like it or not.

Anyway, so I arrived in Delhi on time and was whisked by car to the Hans Plaza Hotel. Delhi looked nice, green, clean and the temperature was wonderfully cool. Something I wasnt expecting and was glad I had taken my coat.

All I did from then until the next morning was sleep.

No comments: