Monday, January 22, 2007

Day 1 - Setting Off From The UK



Here I go!
Today I am setting off from the Uk to travel to Jagannath Puri in India!
I am all packed, all organised and all set. My suitcase is bursting because I dont know what clothes to take to wear there, so I just packed everything, including an industrial supply of DEET having heard of the Chikunguya ad Dengue fever that I didnt fancy running into. I have also packed a few home comforts, cheddar babybels, breakfast bars of course my laptop.

The plan for today is to get to Heathrow many hours early, for my 9pm Virgin Atlantic flight to Delhi. Should be able to sleep all night on the plane if I get a window seat, using the best technique of a Cushtie and half a zopiclone. So will arrive fresh in Delhi for an overnight stopover at the Hans Plaza Hotel.

I have been worried about going because of recent uproar over Jade Goodie and Shilpa Shetties little spat. Hope I dont bear the brunt of any anti Bitish feeling when I get there, although I think not, and am looking forward to being in India again with all the sights, sounds and smells that go with it.

I better sign out as I have to get a few things in town, wash my hair and do up my suitcase.

Prayer To Lord Jagannath

Please Lord Jagannath watch over this traveller who is coming to your home land. Please give me the strength to overcome with dignity and repose any obstacles that may be set in my way and please if at all possible, make such things few or even better non existent. Protect and guide me and may this trip be the beginning of a great future.

Jaya Jagannath
Nityananda Gauranga Hare Krishna

No comments: