Thursday, September 19, 2024

Goodnight Daddy

Barry Ross
Sept 6 1933 to Sept 18 2024

In the Quiet of Your Absence 
The world is quieter without your breath, 
A stillness settles where you once stood. Memories hang like whispers in the air, Of all you gave, of all you understood.

Your hands once strong, now still, at rest,
The heart that beat with quiet grace, 
Is carried now within my own, 
A void where love once filled this space. 

I search the silence for your voice, 
The gentle words, the steady guide, 
But all that echoes in this room 
Are fragments of you by my side. 

In every shadow, you remain, 
In every tear, your memory flows,
Though gone in body, yet in heart, 
Your spirit stays, your presence grows. 

I miss you, Dad, more than I can say, 
But in my grief, I see you clear. 
In every sunset, every dawn, 
You’re never far; you’re always near.





No comments: