Saturday, December 01, 2007

Water Fasting Brightens Eyes

I did a 3 day water fast last week, taking nothing but water, no food or anything else, just water for 3 days and its amazing what the water fast has done to my eyes.

For ages I have complained of tired sore eyes and I have blamed fact that I work so much on pc staring at a screen all day. I even got a prescription for some glasses with an anti glare in them.

I didnt do the fast for my eyes, I had no idea it would have any effect, but the effect on my eyes is amazing. They feel so fresh and cool and they look really white as well, i did a google check on water fasting and eyes afterwards and apparently it is a common beneficial effect of a water fast that it is really good for the eyes.

It is always nice when you have done something tough like a water fast to get a noticable benefit, I wasnt expecting this, but am really pleased as it means I can work longer and better due to less eye soreness and stuff, don't mind looking a bit better too, that never hurts.

The other amazing effect I had was one on PMS, i have always suffered real bad for the 4 days of my monthly, with terrible cramps and weakness, this water fast coincided with my period and again I had no prior knowledge that it would have an effect, but googling it now I see others have had same benefit, which was that I had absolutely NO period pain during the period whilst on the water fast. I just funcioned normally, which is usually impossible for me during period.

So I dont really know all the benefits of a short water fast like that, but these are just 2 effects that I was amazed at.

I have read of people who do water fasts for several weeks, I was pretty weak by day 3 so unless it is possible to really just sit and do nothing after that, I can't imagine I could do a water fast whilst continuing to work for longer than 3 days. When I broke the fast with some grain, it tasted heavenly like I have never tasted before.

No comments: